- Hey, looks like some salaries are screwed up. Someone let me know about Zack Wheeler being off and as I take a quick look at the salary calculation it appears as though some pitchers were incorrectly calculated at the minimum salary for 2018 stats (including Wheeler, Strasburg, Leake, Kyle Gibson, and some others). I'll need a bit to figure out what went wrong with that...
- OK - I'm very sorry for the delays - but you can now see some of the results of the setup for 2019. Players now have new (incomplete) salaries for 2019 and their positions are set for 2019.
- Usually I post some things in late October/early November and that allows me some staggered updates, but since I didn't get the salaries/positions done earlier, I was stuck a bit in having to change too many things all at one time.
- Salary cap cash has been distributed. The 2019 salary cap is 38490 (was 42034 in 2018).
- Free bonus teams have been distributed.
- Here's what is upcoming and will gradually become
active on the website:
- 2019 Salaries are not yet final - I still need to go through and add in the premium salary adjustments for top MLB performers that will increase some salaries 1-30%. My plan is to have all the salaries final by Sunday night, Nov 25.
- Any player showing an "x" in their position didn't have any MLB stats in 2018, so I need to go back in and check what they did in the minors in 2018 (or maybe they didn't play at all) - those positions may change. That usually takes a lot of time and will be finished sometime in December.
- Soon I'll open up a page to allow you to indicate which teams you're keeping in 2019.
- By Monday night, I plan to open up your options to begin trading with other teams.
- As soon as possible, I will open up the page to allow you to indicate which players you want to keep for 2019 and which ones you'll release into the Redistribution Draft.
- New leagues for 2019 will be opened soon.
- As people indicate they're dropping teams, orphans will become available.
- Upcoming schedule/deadlines (some changes
- Soon through Sunday, Dec. 9: Fall Trading Period 1
- Monday, Dec. 10 though Sunday, Dec. 30: Fall Trading Period 2
- Sunday, Jan 13: Roster retention choices due
- Sunday, Feb 3: Redistribution Draft choices due
- 2018 Benchwarmer Playoffs -
We're down to the final two in the
- #2 Seed: The Natty Lights (114-36, Beer League champion) owner Jesse Roche
- #5 Seed: Fiorello's Hard Boiled Eggs (97-53, Marxball champion) owner Jason Kiernan
- The Natty Lights are the defending Bash champion and Jesse has won the Bash 4 times before with 4 different franchises. Jason is going for his first Bash title.
- These 2 owners have faced each other already in the Bash Quarterfinals with different teams. The defeated Jason's #7 seeded Metropolis Ites (Superman League), while Jason defeated Jesse in the matchup of #5 Fiorello's vs #4 Crumpton (Moneyball League)
- See the bracket
- Final Result: Fiorello's swept The 4-0; Congratulations Jason!
Did You Know? You can change your email address temporarily in your personal profile