LEARN & PRACTICE ENGLISH ONLINE
Search English helps ordinary people to become skilled and fluent in English by overcoming their fear and shame.
Frequently Asked Questions
Search English is a English language practicing platform for Bangladeshi people. It private limited company dedicated to the public welfare.
“Build a better future by learning English.”
- Develop Human Resource in Bangladesh.
- Encourage English writing.
- Develop English language contents on Bangladesh.
At Search English we help Bangladeshi people to become highly proficient in English language.
Aside from Bangla, English is the other language we learn in our educational institutions-schools, colleges and universities. The main problem of English language teaching in our country is that we give a lot of emphasis on English grammar. Most of the students in Bangla medium memorize grammar- Narration, Voice Change, Translation, Group Verbs, Common Errors and so on. They do not use the language in real life. They just focus on rote learning to pass the exams.
This whole process is very unpleasant and most of the students develop a severe dislike towards English language. Eventually, this dislike turns into fear. They face severe problem in higher education. In the universities, they have to study English books, write answers in English in their exams and write research papers in English. Poor proficiency in English language also affects their career.
Language is not just memorizing grammar. We speak fluently in Bangla language. Do we memorize Bangla grammar since childhood? The answer is, No. We can speak Bangla fluently because we use that language in our daily lives. We speak Bangla all the time. We hear Bangla audio, we listen to people talking, we read Bangla papers, magazines etc. In this way, we use Bangla language in our daily lives all the time thus becoming highly fluent in Bangla.
At Search English, we strive to create an environment where ordinary Bangladeshi people can use English language in real life. We focus on four skills of language learning- Reading, writing, listening and speaking.
At Search English Facebook Group, we encourage our members to write posts, read other members’ posts and write comments in the posts.
Search English Website contains quality English content. Members who become better in writing can publish their posts in Search English Website.
We also organize webinar session twice a week where people can practice speaking English with each other.
School, College, University student, job-holders, business people, anyone can join Search English.
Articles or Posts related to religion, politics, sexual content, or any subject that is considered controversial, indecent or vulgar according to social and cultural norms will be deleted immediately. Facebook Group Members or writer of Search English Website who would write such contents will be warned for the first time. If they write such posts again, their membership will be cancelled.
Every night, Search English organizes adda at Website. It is an informal speaking session where Search English members can participate and speak in English with each other thus improving their spoken English skill.
Joining our live webinar is very easy. You just have to follow the following steps:
- Fill up the webinar interest form.
- Our support team will contact you over phone with instructions.
- Complete the participant confirmation form after the call.
- Download GoToMeeting on your smartphone from Play Store or App Store.
- You will receive a Meeting ID on the day the webinar will take place.
- Enter the Meeting ID on the GoToMeeting app at the webinar time it was scheduled for you. That’s it.
Here is what we allow in webinar:
- You are allowed to talk about any positive topic on webinar and get others’ opinion
- You must have to follow the admin/host instructions
- You are free to join and leave from the webinar anytime and you don’t need to take permission from anyone for that
- If you get disconnected from the session, simply send a message to the admin/host and he/she will guide you to join again.
Here is what we don’t allow in webinar:
- We do not allow discussions on political, religious, adult topics
- You cannot swear at other participants or use abusive words.
- Do not share your Meeting ID with others. Let us do that.
- Do not disturb any members unnecessarily if they do not feel comfortable with you.
- Do not ask any personal or insulting questions to any member
- Do not send any marketing or spam message to the group conversation or any individual.
- Do not misguide anyone with wrong information.
- If you do not have good knowledge about any particular topic, then avoid it instead of providing wrong information or explanation.